Monday, February 25, 2008

Potty Boot Camp

Potty Boot Camp started today at our house. It started out really rough, but is getting better as the day goes on.

Grace has a new fascination with waking up at 6 a.m., turning on her light in her bedroom, waking up her sister and playing LOUDLY. I literally went in there 4 times this morning, Rich went in twice and I finally decided to throw in the towel at 7 a.m. Tonight I'm seriously considering duct taping her light switch so at least Joy can sleep for a little longer.

The first time I put Grace on the potty she was less than enthused about it. She cried and said 'no I still a baby'. So I decided to give her a bit more time to warm up to the Dora potty. After many many (30 or more) 'pretend' visits to the potty and four accidents later, she finally was starting to get the hang of it. She has now gone potty two times and #2 once as well. Way to go Grace. I'm pretty sure that the candy bribe is helping! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, am I glad to hear there is another 'morning' person in my family. I love mornings, but after 56 years of being married to one who is NOT, I've learned to tame my morning enthusiasm. Hope it doesn't take Grace that long. I think God made us all different just to teach family members PATIENCE!! Maybe the duct tape idea will work...I gasped until I read it was for the light switch.
Love from GGMA & GGPA F.cheering on Grace with Dora Potty. You are a sweet big girl now Grace, we love big girls.

Gwen Jackson said...

Your post brings back a memory for me ...

During our time in Houston, Jamie (5 yrs old)had an Australian piano teacher. One of the songs in her beginner piano book was called "Party Time." When her teacher would say the title with her Aussie accent it sounded like "Potty Time," and so for a long time Jamie thought that was what the song was all about until one day she called it "Potty Time," and then I realized the mix up.

So, maybe you can make potty time for Joy, party time, and she'll be on her way in no time!