Saturday, February 21, 2009

A long random post

Well it's been quite a while since I've updated the blog. I feel like since we've moved I've been so busy, although I'm not quite sure what I've been doing. :) We've made some great connections with people here and we are loving our church and new small group. I'm continuing to love my Tuesday morning Bible Study as well. Our transition has been fairly easy, all things considered. The girls have met some new little friends as well. We see them 3 times a week because of the different activities that we're in so it's great to see that the girls are adjusting well too. In fact Grace and her new little friend Alyssa are quite the pair. They love to run around together and SCREAM. They're hilariously cute together!

Now onto the pictures, which of course loaded backwards so we'll work our way backward a couple of weeks.

Uncle C's (Chris) birthday was on Thursday so we went to his house and made him dinner and played. Grace & Joy love going to Uncle C's house and terrorizing the house as well as his dog Jake.


My parents came and visited last weekend! It was so nice to have them here. Unfortunately it snowed 7" the day they got here, but it made them feel like they were at home. :) They stayed at a hotel that had a pool so the girls got to sport their suits. They LOVED swimming with Daddy.


Grace was so excited to have her Grandma here. Staci even sent presents along because she's so sweet! And no Staci, Grace didn't cut this Barbie's hair, it was our old ones.




And last but not least, last week Grace decided that instead of taking a nap she would swallow a penny and freak me out. Well I was like ok we'll just let it pass. And then about 3 hours later she started throwing up, and kept throwing up w/ no appearance of the penny. So I was afraid that it was stuck her in esophagus. So I ended up taking her to ER at 2:30 a.m. just to make sure. Well it turns out that she ended up getting the stomach flu coincidentally on the same day she swallowed a penny. Perfect. Well this ER trip is going to cost us a pretty penny, oh well it was worth it knowing that Grace was ok. Grace thought it was pretty fun getting to go to the "hospible" in the middle of the night. Thankfully no one else in the house got sick, and the coin finally "passed" 3 days later. Rich took pictures of me looking through Grace's "stuff" but I'll spare you those pictures.



So basically that's what has been going on the last two weeks and hopefully I can get better at updating more regularly.

4 comments:

The Mihalek's said...

I loved seeing pictures of the girls. They look so happy and are getting so big! I'm also glad Grace didn't cut Cinderella's hair! :)

Glad to hear everything is going well for you all out there and you're finding great friends!

We love you all!

Mrs. V said...

It sounds like you are adjusting well! So happy to hear things are going great for you! Your girls are SO adorable!

Gwen Jackson said...

Been checking for an update :). Thanks for all the pictures. So glad your parents could visit! Sounds like everything is going well.

Anonymous said...

GGMA has been patiently waiting for new pictures of my precious Great-Granddaughters. We love all of you so much. Grace will forever be the leader to new and greater adventures. A lost penny, well... Sorry she was so sick, but took going to the hospital like a big girl. I'm sure everyone has a 'penny' story in their past, so we'll let this one go. Ask your Grandma about her trip to the hospital with a stone up her nose.
Thanks for the beautiful pictures, and for telling us of your new home and friends. We love to hear from you, and we ask God to bless you everyday. Love from GGMA & GGPA
ps. I like blogs better than facebook.