Thursday, January 29, 2009

Three Weeks In!

Well we've been in Omaha three weeks now. Things are going well. I've gotten plugged into a Women's Bible Study that is specifically for women new to Omaha. Rich & I are getting plugged into a couple's small group tomorrow night. And I'm joining a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group next week. So basically we love our new church so far. We are slowly settling in. The girls are adjusting well. I think they think we're still on vacation, heck I still feel like that in some ways.

Things I love about Omaha:
-Our family is now together!!!
-The ladies in my Bible Study
-The city and all the choices for shopping, restaurants, etc...
-It is sunny almost every single day! CRAZINESS!!
-People here are seriously so nice, and overall people are generally very happy (it's true Mid-Western city).
-Omaha is very easy to get around, I haven't gotten lost yet. :)
-SuperTarget is 5 minutes from my house. Can you say dangerous???

Things I miss about Michigan:
-Everyone!
-Spring Lake Wesleyan and everyone there as well
-MEIJER!! Even though we have tons of shopping choices here, NOTHING compares to Meijer, nothing.
-Tiseo's pizza dough. They don't have it here and I'm really really missing it.
-All the lakes/rivers and trees. Rich showed me the "lake" the other day and I laughed out loud. (Sorry all you Nebraskans, but it's not Lake Michigan, or Spring Lake for that matter.)
-There is so much more but I'm trying to dwell more on the positive and than all the things I'm "missing".

A book that has been SO helpful to me is "After The Boxes Are Unpacked" by Susan Miller. If you are moving, in a moving transition or know someone who is, please check out this book. IT is so good.

Well I just wanted to let all our faithful blog readers know that we are doing well. And it helps to know that my parents are coming for a visit in 2 weeks! YEA!!!!!

4 comments:

Terri Stewart said...

Darcie, if you didn't send an update today I was going to have to call you. I'm happy you are settling in - but I know a big part of your heart is still here. Lots of people miss you too, and I know lots of people are praying for you. Keep posting and sharing pix! You are a beautiful woman, mother and wife. The folks in Omaha will soon realize what a blessing you are to all you meet!

Anonymous said...

Blessings on our dear family...you do feel far away from us, yet so near in our hearts. We're glad for each day that helps make Omaha feel more 'like home', because home is 'where the heart is'. We love all of you...including Charlie. Grace and Joy, you are just the bestest, bestest little girls. GGMA & GGPA F.

The Mihalek's said...

We're so glad that things are going well for you all out there. I'm thinking of you being gone on a long vacation! That is so nice that you are that close to the SuperTarget. How fun and dangerous too!

I'm glad that you found a group of ladies out there to bond with. They are going to love spending time with you, though they probably already do.

Thanks for updating! We love you all and miss you like crazy!

Nate and Staci

Gwen Jackson said...

So great to hear from you. Sounds like things are coming together for you and you are putting some roots down.